Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy | Instant Refund
Passengers with Southwest Airlines tickets can change or cancel the entire trip at any time before the scheduled flight departure. After applying for a risk-free flight cancellation process, anyone can request a full refund to the original payment source.
As per the Southwest 24 hour cancellation policy, you can cancel your tickets under 24 hours of the purchase for free. Also, it is mandatory to contact the customer care team and infirm them before confirming the upgrade to your itinerary.
Terms and Conditions on Southwest Cancellation Policy
- Flight cancellations depend on the flight fare conditions, which do not cover service fees because of the refundable tickets.
- You can apply for a risk-free cancellation within 24 hours of the booking made within seven days of the departure. After meeting Southwest flight cancellation policy requirements, send the flight cancellation and refund requests via phone call, email, and website.
- There is no penalty for canceling a flight reservation under 24-hours. However, the airline imposes a penalty on flight cancellations made after the grace period.
- Furthermore, you can claim a full refund by filing a refund request form on the airline’s official site.
- It is important that you have purchased refundable Southwest Airlines tickets. Only then can you cancel your reservations without paying the penalty and request a ticket refund.
- As per the policy, every ticket fares are not refundable. Business Select and Anytime fares are refundable. On the other hand, Wanna Get Away is reusable and non-refundable.
- If you rebook a flight reservation, then a fare difference may apply. For instance, if your new ticket is more expensive than the existing one, you have to pay the fare difference.
- The airline may reinstate the expired travel funds for a fee of USD 100.
How to cancel a flight Reservation on Southwest Airlines?
Passengers who are willing to cancel their flight reservations can follow the below steps to apply for flight cancellation.
- First, reach the airline’s official site on your web browser.
- Tap on the Manage Bookings tab.
- Fill in your last name and flight confirmation code.
- You will see the Southwest Airlines change flight/cancel flight option; choose your desired option.
- Click on the Next button.
- After choosing the flight cancellation option, you can cancel your scheduled flight by following the on-screen instructions.
- In the next step, you can simultaneously apply for a full refund.
- The airline will initiate a travel fund to the wallet based on the Southwest Airlines refund policy requirements.
- At last, you will receive a cancellation confirmation mail from the customer care team.
Southwest Flight Cancellation Fee
The flight cancellation fee ranges from $49 to $300 depending on the fare type, destination, and Southwest Airlines cancellation policy. However, there is no penalty for canceling a flight reservation within 24 hours of the original purchase.
Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy due to Covid-19
In accordance with the pandemic, the airline made some changes to its flight cancellation and refund policies. If you are willing to cancel your journey, here are the following important things that you must know.
- As per the Southwest refund policy, the airline has extended the expiry date of travel funds. For instance, the travel funds expiring between 1 March and 30 June 2020 will now expire on 7 September 2022.
- Non-refundable tickets are canceled with the no-show policy observation; the tickets will be extended to future trips to one year from the issuing date.
- The amount generated on canceling Southwest Airlines tickets between March 1 and September 7, 2020 will expire on September 7, 2020.
- Passengers can rebook a reservation by altering their journey within 60 days of the authentic flight. Only flights marked as ‘Available’ will be eligible for bookings.
Contact the customer care team of Southwest Airlines for flight cancellation
Southwest Airlines is a top-rated flag carrier in the United States, handling its flyer’s issues and offering them appropriate solutions. Whenever you face trouble while canceling or seeking a refund online, don’t hesitate to contact them. The flight representative will ensure to resolve your problem hand-to-hand and help you check your refund status.
Other Article Post: